The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. This website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
The site is designed to the following accessibility standards:
- Clear, streamlined user experience to support all users
- High-contrast color choices for fonts (WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA compliance)
- Typography optimized for readability (fonts, colors, sizes, leading, contrast)
- Sites provide a base level of support for keyboard navigation and screen readers
- Site is being continually improved to align with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility guidelines
- Each page on the site has a “skip to content” link that allows users to move quickly past navigation and into main content.
- Titles, headings, body copy, and other essential elements have been designed to provide sufficient color contrast.
- Care has been taken to apply focus and hover states to interactive elements including the navigation, links and buttons.
- Pages are structured with semantic elements like header, navigation, main, and footer to help users move around more quickly.
- Site pages have been manually tested with zoom up to 400%, keyboard navigation, with VoiceOver and with the WAVE tool.
This website links to third-party content hosted on external websites. This third-party content may or may not meet WCAG standards for accessibility to individuals with disabilities.
Disclosure of Known Issues
This website may contain content and features which are not fully accessible to all users. These issues should not significantly impede site use, or understanding of content.
As of September 2021, the following accessibility issues have been identified:
- This website hosts and links to legacy content (such as previous Biennium in Review reports) which does not fully conform to accessibility guidelines.
- Some video content may not have full closed captioning available.
- Some pages contain images whose primary content is text. In all cases, these images originated from other sources, and have been reporoduced here in their original form. Full transcriptions of these images have been provided in their respective alt texts.
- Some images contain text which may not be fully transcribed in their alt text. In these cases, the text is not critical to understanding of the content, or, a direct link to the pictured content has been provided.
If you encounter an accessibility issue that is not listed above, please contact us at email@example.com a description of the issue.